... Young Earth creationists, for instance, believe our planet is between 6,000 and 10,000 years old, based on analysis of Scripture. Sure, you can believe that, Pennock said. But it ignores the evidence or claims that the evidence was placed there by God to fool us, which, when you think about, is a kind of odd way to describe the deity, as some kind of cosmic prankster.
And that's when Pennock unloaded this: "For all we know, the world may have been created five minutes ago and we've all been implanted with memory chips."
Whoa.
Dude.
And thus did intelligent design somehow join the wow-have-you-ever-looked-at-your-hand-I-mean-really-looked school of stoner intellectual epistemology.
From the York Daily Times coverage of the Scopes - I mean Dover - trial. I just giggled, just now.
And that's when Pennock unloaded this: "For all we know, the world may have been created five minutes ago and we've all been implanted with memory chips."
Whoa.
Dude.
And thus did intelligent design somehow join the wow-have-you-ever-looked-at-your-hand-I-mean-really-looked school of stoner intellectual epistemology.
From the York Daily Times coverage of the Scopes - I mean Dover - trial. I just giggled, just now.


1 Comments:
The whole thing reminds me of a Bill Hicks act.
"It's all just been put here to test our faith? Am I the only one that's bothered by that? That GOD might be fucking with our heads?"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home