You know how the 80s were just "back"? And how I was holding out for the redux early 90s, since I have still got some shoes I bought in 1994? Well guess what . . .
Heralded by two 19-year-old boys in baggy dingy sweaters over mismatched button downs and both wearing the old-school type of glasses of which guys of my cohort are wearing version 4.0, the 90s Reniassance has begun! I mean, we knew it was coming when VH1 did "I Love the 90s" (wow, wasn't 1998 a craaa-zee year? yes, young intern in "vintage" smiths t-shirt, it sure was), and here it is. Which hopefully means those dumb little frilly short skirts will be a thing of he past soon . . . but to be replaced by baby-doll dresses and lace-bottomed leggings?
Surely not the leggings!
By the way I wrote a draft - a forreal draft - of my progress report, if anyone was worried about that. Now I can go back to reading Panda's Thumb and I Blame The Patriarchy, as well as new fiction by Terry Pratchett, Zadie Smith, Neil Gaiman, and that book about how Republicans are pissing all over science. Ahhhhh . . .
To the Harvard Co-op! Stat!
Heralded by two 19-year-old boys in baggy dingy sweaters over mismatched button downs and both wearing the old-school type of glasses of which guys of my cohort are wearing version 4.0, the 90s Reniassance has begun! I mean, we knew it was coming when VH1 did "I Love the 90s" (wow, wasn't 1998 a craaa-zee year? yes, young intern in "vintage" smiths t-shirt, it sure was), and here it is. Which hopefully means those dumb little frilly short skirts will be a thing of he past soon . . . but to be replaced by baby-doll dresses and lace-bottomed leggings?
Surely not the leggings!
By the way I wrote a draft - a forreal draft - of my progress report, if anyone was worried about that. Now I can go back to reading Panda's Thumb and I Blame The Patriarchy, as well as new fiction by Terry Pratchett, Zadie Smith, Neil Gaiman, and that book about how Republicans are pissing all over science. Ahhhhh . . .
To the Harvard Co-op! Stat!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home