Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Most Gorgeous Cell Ever

Good afternoon, loyal and hungry readers!

Well, I am hungry anyway. And cold. It's really cold in this big Gilded Age, neoclassical reading room.

I am in the library today putting graphs into powerpoint format, leafing through the literature (on PubMed), and exchanging pretty pictures with my PI.

I have sent him one which he christened the "lamellipodia fan dance". It is very beautiful. You can see this crazy geodesic actin network behind the leading edge (in what Clare Waterman-Storer would call the lamella?) in green, as well as an array of stellar baby focal adhesions/large focal contacts in the thin region at the very edge of the cell and speckles of tiny little vinculin dots all along the ruffling edge, in purple. White shows the overlap between actin and vinculin. (My PI is color-blind so no green-red images in the lab!)

I can't believe I am only now figuring out how to insert pictures into blogger. Duh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Pinto said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Samantha Pinto said...

Your cell is so pretty! It has on one of those dresses that attach to your arm with a wristlet.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home