Happy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving - not so much my favorite holiday for a number of reasons which I don't want to go into. I am in the UK this year, and right now every day is a day off work, so I get to ignore it aside from the vague background knowledge that elsewhere in the world turkey is being roasted or deep-friend, and elsewhere in the space-time continuum weird and bad shit is going down.
But I digress.
I nabbed a meme off of ABB's web site, cause I think they're fun, but what I really want you to read and comment on is the next post down. Particularly if you are a scientist of any sort. So please do me a favor and keep scrolling on down. I know you're not at work today. Aside from a few of you nerdlings who are, and obviously all the non-Americans reading this. But that's no excuse.
Okay, meme time.
But I digress.
I nabbed a meme off of ABB's web site, cause I think they're fun, but what I really want you to read and comment on is the next post down. Particularly if you are a scientist of any sort. So please do me a favor and keep scrolling on down. I know you're not at work today. Aside from a few of you nerdlings who are, and obviously all the non-Americans reading this. But that's no excuse.
Okay, meme time.
- When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? God, my boobs are huge!
- How much cash do you have on you? about 40 quid
- What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?” There are a lot of words that rhyme with door - you want me to pick just one?!
- Favorite planet? Mars. Or Saturn. Or Xena, because you know that is the name that's going to stick, even if she's not technically a plant.
- Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Yathead, i.e. Cressida.
- What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? They're all pretty lame.
- What shirt are you wearing? Grey t-shirt, I think from Banana Republic, but I cut the tag off.
- Do you “label” yourself? I am a "nerd", not a "dork" or a "geek".
- Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? I am not wearing shoes at the moment.
- Bright or Dark Room? Bright, unless I am sleeping, in which case dark dark dark.
- What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? She rocks.
- What does your watch look like? Fossil with mother-of-pearl face and brown strap, but no battery so I'm not wearing it.
- What were you doing at midnight last night? Haha, I can't tell you that!
- What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Something about going to the grocery store.
- Where is your nearest 7-11? Someplace in Maine, I imagine.
- What's a word that you say a lot? Fucking.
- Who told you he/she loved you last? Springy!
- Last furry thing you touched? Springy, ha ha.
- How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Advil, Nurofen Day and Night, LemSip . . .
- How many rolls of film do you need developed? Probably one or two.
- Favorite age you have been so far? 15 and 20 were pretty good; also 25 and 28.
- Your worst enemy? Karl Rove.
- What is your current desktop picture? Picture of a ravine and waterfall and cable car my friend took in Ecuador.
- What was the last thing you said to someone? "Bye, sweetie."
- If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Dude, if I could fly I could totally make a million dollars.
- Do you like someone? What, like them or like-them-like-them?
- The last song you listened to? Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- What time of day were you born? 2:40 p.m.
- What’s your favorite number? n+2
- Where did you live in 1987? The Burgh!
- Are you jealous of anyone? Do you mean jealous or envious? Envious no, jealous yes, as in I am jealous of anyone else spending time with my husband when I can't.
- Is anyone jealous of you? I expect so.
- Where were you when 9/11 happened? Riding my bike to lab, then in lab.
- What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Kick them and swear.
- Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, except where vending machines that eat my money are concerned.
- If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? A small blue turtle between my shoulder blades.
- If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish
- Would you move for the person you loved? Yes.
- Are you touchy feely? Not very.
- What’s your life motto? If I have to be miserable, at least I should enjoy it.
- Name three things that you have on you at all times. Lip gloss, a ponytail holder, and a book.
- What’s your favourite town/city? I don't have favorites.
- What was the last thing you paid for with cash? A latte and a slice of lemon cake.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Last year?
- Can you change the oil on a car? The what?
- Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Seems to have managed to find happiness despite not being my boyfriend anymore. [Wink.]
- How far back do you know about your ancestry? Three-four generations.
- The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Friend's wedding. I wore a knee-length black dress that I bought in 1996 that laces up in the back and a black velvet bolero jacket my mom made out of a blazer. With thigh-high stockings (the only kind I'll wear) and new coppery high heels.
- Does anything hurt on your body right now? Always.
- Have you been burned by love? If it wouldn't burn, it's not worth touching.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home