Friday, September 30, 2005

Words I like today:
Retrenchment
Prevaricate
Oligarchy
Nestle

It was 49 degrees (F) this morning and today was the first day since last May that I am wearing a jacket. I feel like First Jacket Day should be commemorated somehow. It is definitely Fall now; Indian Summer is over. Makes me want to snuggle up by a fire and drink hot apple cider. Smell of fresh pencil shavings. October is my second favorite month, after September.

I was planning to write a screed about the myriad ways in which IRAQ IS VIETNAM ALL OVER AGAIN (because it was such fun the first time; but we don't even have Jimi Hendrix in this silly new century!) but I really have to be writing my progress report. (Technically due today, but, yeah right.)

Boomy should totally make an "I Blame The Boomers" blog. I don't always agree with her censure of "the whiniest generation" but she's most amusing about it and has made some salient points about how our parents' generation is annoying, and not just cause our parents are part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home