Tunes Test
Yay, I got 26/26 on the Distorted Tune Test! I actually had to stop playing the wrong tunes as soon as the wrong notes happened because they set my teeth on edge. I wish I could sing perfect pitch, though. And learn to give names to notes.


4 Comments:
Yay, me too! I am so awesome. Of course, it helps that I learned to read music and play piano when I was like 6.
Perfect pitch isn't really all it's cracked up to be. What you really want is perfect relative pitch (just my opinion, of course). Naming notes isn't nearly as important as being able to tell if a note is the right or wrong one in context.
For great sadistic fun, find someone with perfect pitch and use your computer to lower a song they've heard before by a step or two. Some, I've heard, are so bad that something so simple can actually trigger migraines.
P.S. How can anyone actually miss any of the songs on the test? It's not as if they made the fuck-ups subtle or anything.
Well, it is for deaf people!
No, it wasn't very hard if you knew the songs. The distorted ones were like nails on a blackboard.
I have only a little trouble switching keys of a song, but sometimes I can't tell if a song is in a different key - that is all about the relative pitch, which is good for singing in the shower but slightly less good for choir songs!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home