Thursday, March 16, 2006

Big Uh-oh

On one hand, it's great that it's not just me - not just my media being off, or my cells being schizo, or my dirty hands shedding Bad Things into the plates.

On the other hand (the big hand), it seems like every fucking incubator is contaminated with a Mysterious Infectious Agent. I am testing this hypothesis today. If it's not the incubators, I don't know what it is . . . The pipets? The pipettors?

Doesn't anybody look at their cells???

Maybe it's nothing and I'm being paranoid about the little blobs and the spindliness. We'll know tomorrow, I hope.

But if I am right this really, really sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger luna_the_cat said...

My vote would be hands...I hate to say it, but that's the most common vector of contamination.

There is no such thing as "too much washing".

2nd possibility -- could anyone else in the lab not be sterilising equipment properly?

One of my friends was deeply disturbed over the new girl in the lab who was carefully maintaining 3/4" fingernails, but not washing her hands or wearing gloves.... you know the kind of things that love to live under fingernails, too.

Dunno, can't really think of anything else, but my lab work is considerably more limited than my computer experience, so I'm probably completely the wrong person to be saying anything about this.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home