Friday, June 02, 2006

Fish Heads

Does anybody remember this song that we used to sing at my day camp called "Fish Heads"? Why were we singing this at camp? What is the raison d'etre of this song?

Anyway, it popped into my head when I was feeding the fish and all night long last night I was compulsively making up lyrics to it. E.g. "Fish flakes, fish flakes, yummy yummy fish flakes . . . "

My fish get so excited about their fish flakes every single day.

Gotta love day camp couselors, and early MTV.

One more thing before I go - how come the 15-year-old camp counselors I had when I was nine still look older than I feel like I looked when I was 15?

And do I, as a 15 year old camp counselor, still look old to my former campers (who are now entering college) in their camp pictures?

Also, why does everyone in my mom's high school yearbook look about thirty, when they were all in their teens?

And how come people who actually are thirty now don't look old to me? (That one I think I know the answer to.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home