Mutant Genes Are Hard To Clone
Just saw X-Men 3 as part of a special lab "seminar series" which takes place on random Fridays throughout the year. Sadly, today's seminar was not preceded by a "poster session" at Longhorn's Grille. Still, we learned a lot, especially about "anti-mutant antibodies" and why it is so dang hard to clone certain genes!
Aside from sniggering just a little bit I actually enjoyed the film. Good special effects, not too much cheestastic dialog, and some real character building moments.
Also, there is this one part where Xavier and Magneto are staring soulfully at one another and it looks like they're about to kiss - it occurred to me that that would be incredibly hot. Seriously. Jean-Luc Picard making out with Gandalf? How is that not hot? Brookburg, I know you feel me on this one. And you, too, Ethyl. Luna? Scuze me, I have to go, uh, do something . . .
Speaking of crossing that fine line of tact - raise your hand if you've ever tried to get your partner a green card. It's like a fucking Kafka nightmare. Photos, letters, bank statements, chest X-rays . . . and what normal person gets married and says, "Oooh, you know what would be romantic and indicative of our lifelong commitment, sweetheart? Putting the cable bill in your name!"
Why don't we just make a little homemade sex tape which shows, unequivocally, Springy's uncondomed cock thrusting into my moist vagina?
See, see, Homeland Security, we really are a couple! We might even have babies like a good pair of heterosexuals! We're, like, totally in love!
Of course, releasing a sex tape does not prove that our love is real. Did Paris Hilton love the guy(s)? What would actually be enough for these people? Are they just messing with me because I am a pinko commie liberal???
Or maybe it is because I am a mutant.
Do you know what else? For the life of me I can't remember if P.S. and E.M. had American or British accents in the film I just saw. No matter, of course, because in the film's world no other countries seem to exist . . . Until the very end when the blue dude (Kelsey Grammer) is appointed Ambassador to the U.N. on behalf of all Americans, mutant and non-mutant alike.
Why are there no mutant issues in other countries? Is it some America-specific pollution? Are there Mexican mutants leaping the border fence? Canadian mutants writing quirky pop songs?
So much to ponder. Have a good weekend, my little freaks of nature.
Aside from sniggering just a little bit I actually enjoyed the film. Good special effects, not too much cheestastic dialog, and some real character building moments.
Also, there is this one part where Xavier and Magneto are staring soulfully at one another and it looks like they're about to kiss - it occurred to me that that would be incredibly hot. Seriously. Jean-Luc Picard making out with Gandalf? How is that not hot? Brookburg, I know you feel me on this one. And you, too, Ethyl. Luna? Scuze me, I have to go, uh, do something . . .
Speaking of crossing that fine line of tact - raise your hand if you've ever tried to get your partner a green card. It's like a fucking Kafka nightmare. Photos, letters, bank statements, chest X-rays . . . and what normal person gets married and says, "Oooh, you know what would be romantic and indicative of our lifelong commitment, sweetheart? Putting the cable bill in your name!"
Why don't we just make a little homemade sex tape which shows, unequivocally, Springy's uncondomed cock thrusting into my moist vagina?
See, see, Homeland Security, we really are a couple! We might even have babies like a good pair of heterosexuals! We're, like, totally in love!
Of course, releasing a sex tape does not prove that our love is real. Did Paris Hilton love the guy(s)? What would actually be enough for these people? Are they just messing with me because I am a pinko commie liberal???
Or maybe it is because I am a mutant.
Do you know what else? For the life of me I can't remember if P.S. and E.M. had American or British accents in the film I just saw. No matter, of course, because in the film's world no other countries seem to exist . . . Until the very end when the blue dude (Kelsey Grammer) is appointed Ambassador to the U.N. on behalf of all Americans, mutant and non-mutant alike.
Why are there no mutant issues in other countries? Is it some America-specific pollution? Are there Mexican mutants leaping the border fence? Canadian mutants writing quirky pop songs?
So much to ponder. Have a good weekend, my little freaks of nature.


2 Comments:
Oh gods, YES, Jean-Luc + Gandalf = SEXXXY!
i had a dream the other night where i was making sweet love to jean-luc picard (in his civvie gear, not starfellet uniform). it was pretty hot.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home