Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two dollers for dem beerz? Yinz er jaggin me!

Beer in Pittsburgh. Two dollars. Two dollars! From 9-11. On Monday $1.50. That's like 80p.

Why did I leave here again???

In other news I went on the big scary roller coaster at Kennywood TWICE! The second time I even opened my eyes.

When we were 13, Brookburg and I conquered our fear of the Thunderbolt by singing "Let It Snow". But I have since mastered the art of closing my eyes and doing yoga breathing so now the coasters ar a cinch. Aside from the whiplash factor.

Kennywood was overrun by mimeographed adolescents and I felt strange being there as a "grown-up" - a married grown-up at that!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I just made the connection.

Do we know each other in real life, and did you know that when you linked to me, or is it just a strange coincidence???

I went to Taylor Allderdice.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Joolya said...

Val - then you are who I thought you might be! I wasn't sure ... I just got an email about a certain 10 year reunion. Eeek.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Joolya said...

Oh, bugger, except I was supposed to be anonymous. Oh well.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I won't blow your cover to your readers.

I'm semi-anonymous - I don't want my parents or potential employers to google me, but my friends know about my blog.

I also got the email about the reunion. I'm gonna think about it later...

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

80p? Are you in Britain? Me too, and I found a shop on my walk home from uni that has all sorts of good beer for 99p. San Miguel, Corona...and many more...99p!!! Amazing how cheap beear can make a person so happy. :-)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home