Very Scary - Please Read Link
Wow. I just read the scariest blog entry, via Broadsheet.
Please, please, please, dear readers - read this immediately. Be prepared to shudder and possibly vomit in your mouth.
Just a note... EC does not work by preventing implantation, but by preventing ovulation. If you've already ovulated, you're screwed (thus the ~80% effectiveness rate).
The above is from a comment on this blog, and a little teaser as to what the story is about. But I want to underscore how vitally important it is, if you ever have to use EC, to get it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Yes, it can work for 72 hours - because that's how long the hormones are floating around in your body, as well as the maximum lifetime of sperm swimming around the female reproductive system. But if the sperm get in at hour 0, and you ovulate at hour 18, and you get your Plan B at hour 36, the damage might already be done.
This has happened to more than one person I know.
I've had the occasion to take Plan B. Fortunately, I didn't get pregnant. In Scotland, no one made a fuss. At my university, it was simple and cheap. But clearly, my positive experiences - and maybe your positive experiences - aren't to be taken for granted.
Here's my other favorite quote from the comments section:
Men-Who-Refuse-to-Get-It, let me explain very carefully: this is not a hypothetical situation. These fuckers think they have a right to tell a competent adult how to live her life. Jesus of Nazareth called these kinds of folks "whited sepulchres." Ya got that, American Taliban? Jesus had your number two thousand years ago.
Please, please, please, dear readers - read this immediately. Be prepared to shudder and possibly vomit in your mouth.
Just a note... EC does not work by preventing implantation, but by preventing ovulation. If you've already ovulated, you're screwed (thus the ~80% effectiveness rate).
The above is from a comment on this blog, and a little teaser as to what the story is about. But I want to underscore how vitally important it is, if you ever have to use EC, to get it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Yes, it can work for 72 hours - because that's how long the hormones are floating around in your body, as well as the maximum lifetime of sperm swimming around the female reproductive system. But if the sperm get in at hour 0, and you ovulate at hour 18, and you get your Plan B at hour 36, the damage might already be done.
This has happened to more than one person I know.
I've had the occasion to take Plan B. Fortunately, I didn't get pregnant. In Scotland, no one made a fuss. At my university, it was simple and cheap. But clearly, my positive experiences - and maybe your positive experiences - aren't to be taken for granted.
Here's my other favorite quote from the comments section:
Men-Who-Refuse-to-Get-It, let me explain very carefully: this is not a hypothetical situation. These fuckers think they have a right to tell a competent adult how to live her life. Jesus of Nazareth called these kinds of folks "whited sepulchres." Ya got that, American Taliban? Jesus had your number two thousand years ago.


1 Comments:
did you see the writer is now pregnant, and the ec failed? check back to the bb blog...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home