USA: Wack Right Now But Still A Better Option Than Most
I heard on NPR that there were 105 reported self-immolations by Afghan girls last year. "Suicide is the only choice a girl can make here," one woman (who had attempted suicide herself) said.
I am reminded of the words of the immortal Mrs. Banks, the Suffragette mom from Mary Poppins:
Although we adore men individually,
We agree that as a group
They're rah-ther stupid.
I am reminded of the words of the immortal Mrs. Banks, the Suffragette mom from Mary Poppins:
Although we adore men individually,
We agree that as a group
They're rah-ther stupid.


2 Comments:
Cast off the shackles of yesterday!
Shoulder to shoulder into the fray!
Our daughters' daughters will adore us
And they'll sign in grateful chorus
"Well done, Sister Suffragette!"
And now in French. All together now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y3EkZ9zdfA
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home