Thursday, March 22, 2007

Email To My PI

Dear [PI],

Here's is a ppt slide showing my data with the [technical words]. It looks pretty cool! I had done a long day of analysis over the weekend but there seemed to be no difference between the mutant and wild type cells. Needless to say, I have been sulking all week. It just didn't look like there was no difference, so I talked to [chipper engineer post-doc] about it and it turned out I'd made a mistake in calculating the angles - oops. I redid the analysis and it turned out splendidly, so now I am quite pleased again.

The moral of this story is either: Don't do trigonometry on a Sunday or Always double check with the engineeers before crunching lots of numbers. Either way, it worked out in the end.

More beautiful staining is forthcoming, as are the data on the GFP-tagged mutants. (All ready to go but delayed due to tragic contamination plus running out of reagent issues, which are now resolved.)

Regards,

[Joolya]

2 Comments:

Blogger EnnuiHerself said...

Why, why, would you try to do Trig on a Sunday? In fact, why would you even attempt to do science on the weekend? You're damn lucky your stuff worked.

-the ever cranky & bitter EnnuiHerself

10:57 AM  
Blogger Blue Girl, Red State said...

Fabulous blog title. And the content is fabulous! I promptly blogrolled you into science blogs immediately.

Clinical Lab Scientist here; in grad school and teaching at a community college. I am prone to using science to incriminate politicians. Like on stem cells and carbon footprints.

Don't they know that people like me are out there?!?!?!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home