Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Freaky Owl

Another day I am glad I am not schizophrenic or suffer other paranoid delusions . . .

I was at the gym looking out the window while I trod the elliptical and there was a plastic owl mounted on top of a light pole. I saw it and thought about the Owl Club, from which Ted Kennedy just disaffiliated as it bars women from joining, and wondered who had put it there. Then went back to my magazine. When I next looked at the owl it's head had swiveled 90 degrees!

What the hell? I wondered. Is it a clock? Does it move with the wind? It's weirdly warm and wet and windy today - but the head is not an obvious weathervane.

Or, I thought, is there a little motor in it? Is it looking at something? Are there cameras and movement sensors in its creepy yellow eyes? Is it tracking someone's movements? Does it want someone to think they are being watched?

Let me tell you, if you were a paranoid schizophrenic on the elliptical today that shit might really freak you out.

1 Comments:

Blogger luna_the_cat said...

They swivel with the wind, and are designed to scare away pigeons.

Isn't it a bummer when reality is so much more...mundane...than all the cool conspiracy theories?

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home