Toys
Sprited Away is a great film. I wish I could have seen it when I was nine; it would certainly have rocked my world even more back then.
Speaking of precocious children I am pinch-hitting babysitting for the Very Precocious Kids tomorrow so Tapioca can have a night off. I am going to give them The Witches (Roald Dahl), The Neverending Story (on which the films were based - the first one being one of my favorites, along with Labyrinth, even though it doesn't feature David Bowie in tights), and these cool soaps that have realistic looking plastic animal toys inside. So the cleaner you get, the faster you get your toy! Or the sooner you hack at the bar of soap with a kitchen knife . . . Also a journal for the girl and a toy frog for the boy.
I love shopping for kids' stuff. There are several babies entering my world who I am also psyched to shop for.
For myself, I would like the Mimobot flash drives that look like anime monster robots and the stackable Lego-inspired hard drives that I saw in the Weekly Dig last week.
I would also like my cells to stop looking all stringy and unhealthy. Little buggers.
Speaking of precocious children I am pinch-hitting babysitting for the Very Precocious Kids tomorrow so Tapioca can have a night off. I am going to give them The Witches (Roald Dahl), The Neverending Story (on which the films were based - the first one being one of my favorites, along with Labyrinth, even though it doesn't feature David Bowie in tights), and these cool soaps that have realistic looking plastic animal toys inside. So the cleaner you get, the faster you get your toy! Or the sooner you hack at the bar of soap with a kitchen knife . . . Also a journal for the girl and a toy frog for the boy.
I love shopping for kids' stuff. There are several babies entering my world who I am also psyched to shop for.
For myself, I would like the Mimobot flash drives that look like anime monster robots and the stackable Lego-inspired hard drives that I saw in the Weekly Dig last week.
I would also like my cells to stop looking all stringy and unhealthy. Little buggers.


4 Comments:
those hard drives are damn cute
those kids don't need toys. they've already got all the angst they'll ever need. but you need $10 from me.
Toy angst . . . I think there could be a market for this. What would be good angst toys?
How about dolls with magnets in them that all have the same pole facing outwards so that they can't be put close together?
Toy angst . . . I think there could be a market for this. What would be good angst toys?
How about dolls with magnets in them that all have the same pole facing outwards so that they can't be put close together?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home