Lots of Good Limericks
Can be found at JP's limerick fest!
Here are mine (ahem):
On The Writing Of Limericks
Lots of poems end up in the can
Because one or more lines just don't scan.
Till the meter is tight
No more limericks write,
Or your poems the critics will pan.
On Teaching The Controversy
Some people persist in opining
This creed of intelligent designing;
But I think you'll agree
Homo sapiens' knee
Is in need of a little refining!
On The Necessity Of Maureen
If Dowd's titular question is literal,
(That superfluous are the non-clitoral)
And that as she implies
She has sworn off the guys,
Then with whom will she go "quid-profiterole"?
On The Joys Of Student Life
This morning I woke up at seven,
But I rolled into lab at eleven.
Though I'm eager to tell
That in most ways it's hell,
In other ways grad school is heaven!
Here are mine (ahem):
On The Writing Of Limericks
Lots of poems end up in the can
Because one or more lines just don't scan.
Till the meter is tight
No more limericks write,
Or your poems the critics will pan.
On Teaching The Controversy
Some people persist in opining
This creed of intelligent designing;
But I think you'll agree
Homo sapiens' knee
Is in need of a little refining!
On The Necessity Of Maureen
If Dowd's titular question is literal,
(That superfluous are the non-clitoral)
And that as she implies
She has sworn off the guys,
Then with whom will she go "quid-profiterole"?
On The Joys Of Student Life
This morning I woke up at seven,
But I rolled into lab at eleven.
Though I'm eager to tell
That in most ways it's hell,
In other ways grad school is heaven!


3 Comments:
You did not wake up at seven, you fibber.
[In Texan]
Ayrabs wanna construct some nukes
So we oughtta put up our dukes
Bash em arand
Ragheads in sand
Terrists will lose, just like them gooks.
Oh, no! Springy!
Will you post that over at the festival?
I get that you're making fun of his dialect and putting ignorant racist stuff in 'some texan's' mouth, but there is another delicious level to the limerick in that the 'gooks' never really lost.
delicious!
EXCELLENT!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home