Snakes On A Plane
Snakes On A Plane. See, I am not making it up.
And here is the song contest. You should go vote for the kids from B For Brontosaurus (if you can) because they are so lovely. Ben wrote the theme song for our 48 Hour Film ("Eat, American Children"*), and this song has been in my head for two weeks. Seriously.
I met Ben last night at the screening and I have to say, I got a bit flustered being in the presence of such genius. Fortunately, he is also a cool dude. Futher evidence of his coolness is that he lives on the street with my all-time favourite street sign: "Go Slow Deaf Child". I wish I had a set of magnetic punctuation marks which I could affix to that sign. (Go! Slow Deaf Child. Go Slow, Deaf Child. Etc.)
Too late for submission, but Springy sang me to sleep last night with his stirring composition that went a little something like this . . . "Snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/It's okay . . ."
Aside from there being a lot of short films and a few audio problems, the screening was fun. Our film was shown second to last and had no audio issues (unlike many of the entries, during which I had to plug my ears). It was interesting that the most common use of the bicycle pump (the requisite prop) was beating or bludgeoning people. In only one film was it used to pump up the tires of a bicycle.
Sick, people. Really sick.
Our buttons and pamphlets were, I hope, well-recieved by the patrons to whom we handed them in the line. I thought they were terrific. The pamplet had pictures of giant hamburgers falling from the sky and text such as, "There is a Red Menace in Your Refrigerator!" and "Has Communism Taken Over Your Kitchen?" and "Fast Food: America Wins When Americans Grow." As well as other priceless gems of wit and wisdom.
But then I had a beer and a burger on top of some popcorn and a huge diet Coke and felt really ill for the rest of the night.
*Note the comma.**
** You may or may not employ the comma, whichever you prefer.
And here is the song contest. You should go vote for the kids from B For Brontosaurus (if you can) because they are so lovely. Ben wrote the theme song for our 48 Hour Film ("Eat, American Children"*), and this song has been in my head for two weeks. Seriously.
I met Ben last night at the screening and I have to say, I got a bit flustered being in the presence of such genius. Fortunately, he is also a cool dude. Futher evidence of his coolness is that he lives on the street with my all-time favourite street sign: "Go Slow Deaf Child". I wish I had a set of magnetic punctuation marks which I could affix to that sign. (Go! Slow Deaf Child. Go Slow, Deaf Child. Etc.)
Too late for submission, but Springy sang me to sleep last night with his stirring composition that went a little something like this . . . "Snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/snakes on a plane/It's okay . . ."
Aside from there being a lot of short films and a few audio problems, the screening was fun. Our film was shown second to last and had no audio issues (unlike many of the entries, during which I had to plug my ears). It was interesting that the most common use of the bicycle pump (the requisite prop) was beating or bludgeoning people. In only one film was it used to pump up the tires of a bicycle.
Sick, people. Really sick.
Our buttons and pamphlets were, I hope, well-recieved by the patrons to whom we handed them in the line. I thought they were terrific. The pamplet had pictures of giant hamburgers falling from the sky and text such as, "There is a Red Menace in Your Refrigerator!" and "Has Communism Taken Over Your Kitchen?" and "Fast Food: America Wins When Americans Grow." As well as other priceless gems of wit and wisdom.
But then I had a beer and a burger on top of some popcorn and a huge diet Coke and felt really ill for the rest of the night.
*Note the comma.**
** You may or may not employ the comma, whichever you prefer.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home