Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sorry I've Been Away So Long

But it's been a busy week! I have been commuting from Cape Ann, where Springy's parents have rented the loveliest beach house in the world for two weeks. I don't think I could handle an hour commute twice a day, though. For one thing, this would increase my likelihood of being in a car accident by like a thousand-fold. I am kind of spacey, too, so me piloting an instrument of death alongside crazy kamikaze Massachusetts drivers sounds like a recipe for disaster. For another thing, it is impossible (or at least very unsafe) to read my book while driving.

I was stalking a cricket* the other night out in Rockport and it was missing a leg. Was this why it sounded different from the others? They make noise by rapidly rubbing/beating the back of their wings together. I got a lot of mosquito bites.

More later, not in the mood right now.

*I found out that it was really a katydid, not a cricket. Katydids look like green leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home