Sunday, October 08, 2006

Those Dang Baldwins

"I am smart enough to know that Satan is alive and well today," he writes. "Satan has all kinds of power, and he is able to control the minds of anyone whose mind isn't controlled by God."

-actor/evangelist/cutural advisor to GWB Steven Baldwin

7 Comments:

Blogger Rex Venom said...

Spooky. Really spooky. But sort of sadly funny, too.
Rock on!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

turning into quite the disappontment, i agree.

robert l bentham

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprising at all. I grew up in a fundie home and church. For years I was convinced that there was an ongoing spiritual war around us every day fought between demons and angels (i.e. the novel This Present Darkness). I was sure that non-Christians could not be trusted, not because of any fault of their own, but because they were open to demonic influence and manipulation.

Sounds dumb now, I know, but it’s amazing what one will believe when indoctrinated from birth.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Joolya said...

If I control my own mind, does that mean I am either God or Satan?

If sometimes hormones control my mind, does that mean they are Satan?

Is vodka then God?

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the Baldwin's are all Grade-A Shmucks. They are a whole family of them. Just ask anyone.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah... mind-control... doodeedoodoo... I don't want God to control my mind. He can fuck off if he wants to do that. It's like Philip Pullman's idea of God as an angel who has got too much power and needs to be overthrown.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urgh, maybe he does control my mind. I got an odd twinge of residual Christian guilt at telling God to fuck off. Oh how I hate formative childhood experience.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home