I've Been Memed-
- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1) I bite my nails, cuticles, and the insides of my cheeks, sometimes suck on my necklace, and grind my teeth in time to the songs in my head. Some might call this an oral fixation.
2) Letters and numbers have associated colors which I see/feel/taste/sense when I think about them. Often the color is more of a taste or feeling the back of my mouth than a visual kind of thing. (Though I realize that saying "I taste the color" doesn't really clarify the experience.) For example, the number 71 is like macaroni and cheese, because 7 is bright yellow and 1 is white, like cheesy noodles. Sometimes this makes for helpful mnemonics, such as that the University of Pittsburgh was founded is 1787, which makes sense because Pitt's colors are blue and gold and together 1787 are blue and gold (8 being dark blue). This also makes entering long columns of data into Excel an interesting trippy experience. (The word for this experience is "synesthesia". It's, for me anyway, slightly less interesting than it sounds.)
3) I really hate it when people walk behind me on the sidewalk.
4) I have imaginary conversations out loud when I am by myself.
5) I remember my dreams almost every morning. Sometimes I sing in my dreams. Usually songs that I know or make up new words to, but occasionally music that I don't recognize.
6) I like to swear and I don't usually bother to try not to anymore.
7) Sometimes the phrase "rana means frog" pops into my head for no discernable reason.
8) I like to take different routes places I go all the time. If I have to go the same way to work every day I get very cranky.
Tagging ......... you! (Eight of you. You know who you are.)
1) I bite my nails, cuticles, and the insides of my cheeks, sometimes suck on my necklace, and grind my teeth in time to the songs in my head. Some might call this an oral fixation.
2) Letters and numbers have associated colors which I see/feel/taste/sense when I think about them. Often the color is more of a taste or feeling the back of my mouth than a visual kind of thing. (Though I realize that saying "I taste the color" doesn't really clarify the experience.) For example, the number 71 is like macaroni and cheese, because 7 is bright yellow and 1 is white, like cheesy noodles. Sometimes this makes for helpful mnemonics, such as that the University of Pittsburgh was founded is 1787, which makes sense because Pitt's colors are blue and gold and together 1787 are blue and gold (8 being dark blue). This also makes entering long columns of data into Excel an interesting trippy experience. (The word for this experience is "synesthesia". It's, for me anyway, slightly less interesting than it sounds.)
3) I really hate it when people walk behind me on the sidewalk.
4) I have imaginary conversations out loud when I am by myself.
5) I remember my dreams almost every morning. Sometimes I sing in my dreams. Usually songs that I know or make up new words to, but occasionally music that I don't recognize.
6) I like to swear and I don't usually bother to try not to anymore.
7) Sometimes the phrase "rana means frog" pops into my head for no discernable reason.
8) I like to take different routes places I go all the time. If I have to go the same way to work every day I get very cranky.
Tagging ......... you! (Eight of you. You know who you are.)


3 Comments:
I clench/grind to the beat too.
More frog weirdness: I once had a student in my class whose name was Anura; somehow I don't think her parents knew about amphibian taxonomy...
synasthesic too.
Sometimes useful, mostly annoying.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home