Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Off The Hook (For A Little While)

Whew: I'm out from under the shadow of the black clouds of Having To Give Group Meeting that have been lowering upon my house and feel bouyant with relief. It was fine. I've been taking my PIs advice (don't tell him!) and making figures of every experiment as I go and that totally saved my life yesterday when I was putting together all my slides.

It's beautiful Indian Summer here in the N. E. Clear blue sky, hot sun, and balmy cool nights. The moon is full and luminous this evening and rose to shine into my window. The sun is setting earlier now, making the late afternoon seem more busy - so much less time to dally before twilight.

Confession: I was pretty psyched to watch "Beauty and the Geek" this evening. I know, I know. Shuddup.

1 Comments:

Blogger EnnuiHerself said...

What I like to do is take my PI's advice and then act like it's my very own idea.

Four years ago:
Advisor: You should outline your papers as you do your experiments that way you can see the big picture.

Me: Pffft!

Present day:
Me: Hey, I've discovered that it's really helpful to outline my papers as I go. I get a better sense of the whole story - what's been done and what still needs to be done. Aren't I brilliant!!

Advisor: Get out of my office.


It's very amusing.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home