Science is a Mug's Game
Hooray!!!
Something I did this week was not a complete failure! It's not a huge thing - the bacteria took up some plasmid that I wasn't sure if I had or not and grew on selective agar plates. This means that the bacteria are expressing a protein that allows them to grow in the presence of an antibiotic, which means that they carry the plasmid I am trying to amplify. One small step for Joolya; one extremely small step for science. Possibly a nano-step. Possibly a Planck step. (Email me if you got that joke.)
In other news, it is raining and the coffee cart in the lobby of my building is not yet operational.
Something I did this week was not a complete failure! It's not a huge thing - the bacteria took up some plasmid that I wasn't sure if I had or not and grew on selective agar plates. This means that the bacteria are expressing a protein that allows them to grow in the presence of an antibiotic, which means that they carry the plasmid I am trying to amplify. One small step for Joolya; one extremely small step for science. Possibly a nano-step. Possibly a Planck step. (Email me if you got that joke.)
In other news, it is raining and the coffee cart in the lobby of my building is not yet operational.


3 Comments:
Congrats on the transformation! Are you using Amp or Kan?
h = 6.6261e-34 Jxs
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with your blog. Will you forgive me?
it is indeed a very small step!
ben: i would never alienate my readership. ;)
Amp.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home