Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thoughts I Have Had Today

Why we should take internet dating profile selection with a grain of salt:

"you might think you are only into dark haired depressive scientists but in fact your genes are hungering for auburn haired only slightly depressive historians."

Attempt to propagate new word:

Quantificate (kwon-TI-fi-kate): v. 1) To expound interminably with graphs. 2) To use excessive or suspect statistics to bolster a questionable thesis. e.g. Larry quantificated for the better part of an hour as to why studies show that women might be less genetically inclined to succeed as professional scientists than men.

Happy thing:

My new "roommate" arrives today! My apartment is the cleanest it has ever been, I think. I even cleaned to stove and the burners. I keep just staring at it and admiring all the bare carpet.

2 Comments:

Blogger EthylBenzene said...

Yes! I LOVE it. It will so come in handy in my line of work.

11:51 AM  
Blogger EthylBenzene said...

See attached comments from my co-workers:

From: ME
To: THEM

My cousin has invented quite a good word, IMO:

Quantificate (kwon-TI-fi-kate): v. 1) To expound interminably with graphs. 2) To use excessive or suspect statistics to bolster a questionable thesis. e.g. Larry quantificated for the better part of an hour as to why studies show that women might be less genetically inclined to succeed as professional scientists than men.

I think it will come in handy around here :O

From: Him
To: US

I hate to break the news to you but George W. has already used this word several times in his speeches.

From: Other Guy
To: US

However, he does stumble awkwardly when trying to say it.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home