All I ask...
Ten (10) emails today from my PI with new citations to include in our Methods Paper of the Damned. I, in case you missed previous posts, am the official EndNote Bitch for this paper. Oh, the levels of whoredom to which I will sink for a second authorship!
This is after he wrote to me saying, "Please put the citations in author-date form so I can check them." Which I did. Then email number six was like, "Note that you have the citations in the wrong format. Please use the format in this sample."
Gah!!!!! Now, I realize that clerical details like this are not what being a PI is about - that is why there are administrative assistants and EndNote Bitches, and if I ever have a lab of my own I'm sure I will be the same way. What annoys me is that I had the citations in the correct format, having looked it up in the submissions guidelines, but changed them for him so that he could read them!
It's a little thing, and I don't mind doing it, I just wish he'd remember that I am only doing what he told me to do and not make me feel like an idiot for doing it "wrong".
And yes, I realize that he is working on nine things and worrying about 20-something employees while I am doing maybe three things and wrinkling my little brow over how to clean the bathtub . . . and that he's been comparably very tactful this go-round . . . but give me just a little credit for not being a complete moron, vhen I vas only follovink orders. This is all I ask.
This is after he wrote to me saying, "Please put the citations in author-date form so I can check them." Which I did. Then email number six was like, "Note that you have the citations in the wrong format. Please use the format in this sample."
Gah!!!!! Now, I realize that clerical details like this are not what being a PI is about - that is why there are administrative assistants and EndNote Bitches, and if I ever have a lab of my own I'm sure I will be the same way. What annoys me is that I had the citations in the correct format, having looked it up in the submissions guidelines, but changed them for him so that he could read them!
It's a little thing, and I don't mind doing it, I just wish he'd remember that I am only doing what he told me to do and not make me feel like an idiot for doing it "wrong".
And yes, I realize that he is working on nine things and worrying about 20-something employees while I am doing maybe three things and wrinkling my little brow over how to clean the bathtub . . . and that he's been comparably very tactful this go-round . . . but give me just a little credit for not being a complete moron, vhen I vas only follovink orders. This is all I ask.


2 Comments:
Buck up, just remember to save the citations in the other format so when he realizes the journal requires a different format your ready, and you can magically appear to save his butt at the last minute.
just surfed in when googling for endnote+bitch... because endnote can suck it. seriously. there needs to be importing standards for multiple formats. geez. oh, the seething hole in hell for the creators of magical time-saving tools which appear to not be magical or time saving at all.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home