Mixed Messages
Does anyone else find this cover a bit ... what's the word I am looking for?What's the word for when there's a story about how you too can acheive a massive weight loss (which I imagine is described as a good thing) right next to a blurb about a performer's binge-and-purge habit (which, I'm assuming, is described as a bad thing)?
Lose weight fast! Lose weight now! Oh, but try not to throw up after meals.
Gah, head exploding.
P.S. Does this blog make me look fat?


1 Comments:
ooh ooh! and also, guess what large multinational company just bought Jenny Craig?
NESTLE!
Don't you love it? Already a transparent, pathetic, exploitive money-making plot (if it worked, you wouldn't need to keep going back now, would you) Jenny Craig is now owned outright by a food and candy company.
Don't you fucking love it? It works on so many levels: They get you coming and going (buy the candy, buy the weight loss food, buy the candy, buy the weight loss food) AND no one even for a moment thinks that there is a conflict of interest here, so they can continue to take people's money, promise them weight loss and it's apparent attendant ecstacy, AND when "you" fail to lose weight on their bullshit system, they are there to console you, failure that you are with delicious mini-marshmallows.
I fucking love how transparent corporations have gotten-- it's like, why bother to hide it? It's not like anyone would actually DO anything...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home