More Man Thighs!
Brilliant goldenrod full moon right out my window tonight . . .
. . . as if to celebrate ITALY winning the WORLD CUP!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!
As you may have guessed, I am part Italian and in no way (that I am aware of) French. It was a nail-biting game and although I hate penalty shoot-outs, at least it was hella suspenseful. Yay!!! Yay for the team with the BEST HAIR!!!
(I am also part German, but meh, who roots for Germany? Italy is much more fun and has the advantage of good red wine, crazy Easter celebrations, and the wherewithall to have made a volte face midway through WWII. This is, in fact, a rhetorical strategy I employ quite often - I always end up on the correct side of the argument no matter how different my final position is from my starting position. This is the practical strategy adn I applaud Italy's flexibility in these matters.)
What the HELL was with the headbutting, Zidane? Would love, love, love to know what the Italian guy said to him. What the hell was he thinking? Bizarre.
Best moment of the match, which I watched from the open front of The Tavern here in Cambridge was when ABC showed Bill Clinton in the stands and the entire packed pub cheered for about three minutes. Springy said this also happened in New York where he was watching. I think the Northeast should just cecede. We should be our own country. We could totally dominate North America. We would have a special trade relationship with the United States of the Pacific Coast and completely disown Texas (sorry, Twisty). It would be great. There would be lots of soccer and very short shorts.
Speaking of which, I think FIFA should adopt a four inch rule for uniform shorts. I want to see more man thighs! These are the absolute best man legs in the entire world and I think it is vastly unfair to sports fans that they should be covered up like that.
I also saw A Scanner Darkly this weekend and enjoyed it very much. I am a Philip K Dick fan anyway, and Keanu didn't even ruin it for me. Robert Downey Jr and Woody Harrelson were brilliant. I read "Scanner" in my freshman year of college in my Science Fiction as Literature class, taught by Paul Bruce Youngquist. He was amazingly smart and a great teacher and despite the fact that he looked a little bit like Jim Carrey I had a big crush on him. I used to detour through the English building on my way to Chemistry so I could say hi to him. He's not the only reason I like Philip K Dick, but he's the reason I know I like Philip K Dick.
Finally, I'm reading this book about a bloke who walks across Afghanistan. What I learned from this book is that I have no desire to go to Afghanistan.
. . . as if to celebrate ITALY winning the WORLD CUP!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!
As you may have guessed, I am part Italian and in no way (that I am aware of) French. It was a nail-biting game and although I hate penalty shoot-outs, at least it was hella suspenseful. Yay!!! Yay for the team with the BEST HAIR!!!
(I am also part German, but meh, who roots for Germany? Italy is much more fun and has the advantage of good red wine, crazy Easter celebrations, and the wherewithall to have made a volte face midway through WWII. This is, in fact, a rhetorical strategy I employ quite often - I always end up on the correct side of the argument no matter how different my final position is from my starting position. This is the practical strategy adn I applaud Italy's flexibility in these matters.)
What the HELL was with the headbutting, Zidane? Would love, love, love to know what the Italian guy said to him. What the hell was he thinking? Bizarre.
Best moment of the match, which I watched from the open front of The Tavern here in Cambridge was when ABC showed Bill Clinton in the stands and the entire packed pub cheered for about three minutes. Springy said this also happened in New York where he was watching. I think the Northeast should just cecede. We should be our own country. We could totally dominate North America. We would have a special trade relationship with the United States of the Pacific Coast and completely disown Texas (sorry, Twisty). It would be great. There would be lots of soccer and very short shorts.
Speaking of which, I think FIFA should adopt a four inch rule for uniform shorts. I want to see more man thighs! These are the absolute best man legs in the entire world and I think it is vastly unfair to sports fans that they should be covered up like that.
I also saw A Scanner Darkly this weekend and enjoyed it very much. I am a Philip K Dick fan anyway, and Keanu didn't even ruin it for me. Robert Downey Jr and Woody Harrelson were brilliant. I read "Scanner" in my freshman year of college in my Science Fiction as Literature class, taught by Paul Bruce Youngquist. He was amazingly smart and a great teacher and despite the fact that he looked a little bit like Jim Carrey I had a big crush on him. I used to detour through the English building on my way to Chemistry so I could say hi to him. He's not the only reason I like Philip K Dick, but he's the reason I know I like Philip K Dick.
Finally, I'm reading this book about a bloke who walks across Afghanistan. What I learned from this book is that I have no desire to go to Afghanistan.


2 Comments:
If you all were to cecede I'm sure there are so many of us out here out on the Pacific Coast who would be happy to join you. I'm in Seattle so can say with some authority that we could toss enormous jet planes and good pot into the kitty (Boeing might have moved the HQ out to Chicago, but they're still made here.)
PS - great blog.
I sense a logistics problem if the northeast states cecede and the pacific states want to join. There's that huge sea of brainlessness separating the two of you. Maybe it would be best to split the USA into the Northeast (The new USA), the Pacific States (I guess Washington and California can come up with some snappy name), and the southern states (they'd probably want to be the Confederate states again, so long as they don't restart slavery). We Canadians would be glad to have you separated from them. Their economy would collapse horribly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home