Three pints of bass, am still not great at ping-pong
My classmates are defending. Not all of them, sure, but several.
And so many of us are coupled up. Even some intra-class pairings. I remember when M and L met; it was Halloween of our first year at Avalon and now they need to move north to share the commute.
I guess that's how that happens.
It doesn't seem strange because it makes perfect sense, until I start to think about the meta of it, but then shit I'm married and not entirely sure how that happened!
You always think maybe you know how it will be and then it always takes you by surprise.
I don't feel old but my god did all those kids at the pool place look young tonight. And pop/rock songs are for the settling down hormone souffle of the late teens/early twenties, when you are just about figuring shit out but still really angsty about it. Angsty in that sort of fun way, the melodrama of every emotion, when things that don't matter that much really matter. You have no idea about the things that are really going to matter soon and you wouldn't want to because they are way less fun.
Still enjoyable, the way pudding pops might still be enjoyable if I could buy them again, but not the same as they were on the porch in the summer when I was a kid..
What I'm saying is, I was there when they met and we all thought it was one of those drunken pulls and now they're having commutes and moving north and no more drunken pulls. You can still get drunk but it's not the same.
And not the same is okay. But the more things end the more sad you can be, the more sadness there is to draw upon period. More good things, of course, more learning that this or that is what it is and needn't be worried about anymore.
The odometer clicks over another time and the paradigm changes. Are you there, too? You climb to the next scenic overlook and gaze down at where you've been with very different perspective and it's all the same rocks but now you know what the guide book was talking about. You couldn't know before. That's just the way it is.
I always have to fuck it up first before I can sit down and do it the right way. Sorry, that was a sidetrack, I meant that about science.
Sometimes you hear the click of that odometer. Best not, at those times, to think about what death is.
Used to play ping-pong to have to drink more beer. But now just play to play.
Tiny little snow flakes are tumbling under the street light like flakes in a snow globe and the City is jackhammering in the street opposite at 2 a.m. Whay the hell is going on outside?
And so many of us are coupled up. Even some intra-class pairings. I remember when M and L met; it was Halloween of our first year at Avalon and now they need to move north to share the commute.
I guess that's how that happens.
It doesn't seem strange because it makes perfect sense, until I start to think about the meta of it, but then shit I'm married and not entirely sure how that happened!
You always think maybe you know how it will be and then it always takes you by surprise.
I don't feel old but my god did all those kids at the pool place look young tonight. And pop/rock songs are for the settling down hormone souffle of the late teens/early twenties, when you are just about figuring shit out but still really angsty about it. Angsty in that sort of fun way, the melodrama of every emotion, when things that don't matter that much really matter. You have no idea about the things that are really going to matter soon and you wouldn't want to because they are way less fun.
Still enjoyable, the way pudding pops might still be enjoyable if I could buy them again, but not the same as they were on the porch in the summer when I was a kid..
What I'm saying is, I was there when they met and we all thought it was one of those drunken pulls and now they're having commutes and moving north and no more drunken pulls. You can still get drunk but it's not the same.
And not the same is okay. But the more things end the more sad you can be, the more sadness there is to draw upon period. More good things, of course, more learning that this or that is what it is and needn't be worried about anymore.
The odometer clicks over another time and the paradigm changes. Are you there, too? You climb to the next scenic overlook and gaze down at where you've been with very different perspective and it's all the same rocks but now you know what the guide book was talking about. You couldn't know before. That's just the way it is.
I always have to fuck it up first before I can sit down and do it the right way. Sorry, that was a sidetrack, I meant that about science.
Sometimes you hear the click of that odometer. Best not, at those times, to think about what death is.
Used to play ping-pong to have to drink more beer. But now just play to play.
Tiny little snow flakes are tumbling under the street light like flakes in a snow globe and the City is jackhammering in the street opposite at 2 a.m. Whay the hell is going on outside?


1 Comments:
mmmmmm.... puddin' pops.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home