Chilly
I guess this kind of thing is why politicians in America don't feel safe to express actual opinions or have personalities. Reading the comments section is also thought-provoking. I think Amanda Marcotte was maybe a little naive about what she was getting herself into, and balked when it got nasty. Certainly her blog is not "tasteful" or full of sunshine and rainbows. But it also strikes me, in these comments and others on Salon, how people are so lacking in empathy and imagination for someone else's experience, and so quick to throw stones of invective.
Here's why I'm not going into politics. This whole thing makes me want to say offensive things; but only from the relative safety of relative anonymity.
Feminism! Liberal! Fuck! Athiesm! Vagina! Penis! The Pope looks like the Emperor Palpatine! Rick Santorum looks like Guy Smiley! Pre-marital sex! Legalize marijuana!
FMS help me when the bad people tell us to get in the trucks. I'd better do more cardio so I can run when the time comes. Since I'm not the best at cross-country, though, maybe we should all just stay on our guard and not let that happen.
Here's why I'm not going into politics. This whole thing makes me want to say offensive things; but only from the relative safety of relative anonymity.
Feminism! Liberal! Fuck! Athiesm! Vagina! Penis! The Pope looks like the Emperor Palpatine! Rick Santorum looks like Guy Smiley! Pre-marital sex! Legalize marijuana!
FMS help me when the bad people tell us to get in the trucks. I'd better do more cardio so I can run when the time comes. Since I'm not the best at cross-country, though, maybe we should all just stay on our guard and not let that happen.


1 Comments:
Your linky is broken.
I've been following this, though I haven't commented at my blog. My stance is that maybe Amanda was naive, but I'm completely baffled that Edwards completely caved to completely unhinged right wingnuts who, and this is important, wouldn't EVER vote for him ANYway, regardless of who he had on staff. Lame.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home