Monday, February 06, 2006

I'd Rather Be On The Playground, Too

"It always boils down to the same thing for these male apologists: if girls do better at something, then obviously the system is skewed in their favor. If boys do better at something, then obviously it’s because boys are innately superior in that area. "

For a very astute discussion of the "boys can't sit still, that's why girls are doing better in school" silliness, please see this post by Twisty et al. BPhD also addresses this issue and includes humorous dialogue between herself and Cute Kid.

(PS: Somewhere in the archives I wrote about how, when I refused to pay attention to the matter at hand in 2nd grade, my teacher told my mom that if I were a little boy they wouldn't even be having that discussion. See if you can find it; my mom's response was pretty funny._

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home