Joolya Connects With Nature, The WWW
Allow me to list the critters I have found on and around the beach in Cape Ann:
1) katydid (already discussed)
2) tiny transparent fish in tidepool.
3) tiny crawfish/prawn creature, transparent with brown spots; wriggles under the sand making himself very hard to spot!
4) several small, live sand dollars.
5) more tiny fishes that blend in with the sand.
6) absolutely ginormous snail that oozed himself all over his shell when I poked him, then oozed on my hand for a while.
7) dismembered lobster.
8) tiny sand crabs.
The low tide yesterday was so low that we could walk nearly a mile off the shore and still only be wading. I was awestruck at this, but Springy hypothesized that it was due to the full moon. His mum confirmed this, and we continued to speculate on why that was. (Not having internet access, we couldn't look it up.)
An explanation of this phenomenon can be found here, with animation as well. (We were more or less right in our conjecture.)
The beach house has got a clock with a tide clock on it, which is about the coolest thing ever.
There's a big scrum going on over at Pooflinger's this week. It would be more amusing if we hadn't been through all this a million bazillion times already.
There's also this crazy chick called AnnieAngel, who says she is not the Annie on the threads at PF, but who has her own web site of crazitude. You can find her if you want a good chuckle. I congratulated her on her witty satire, but either it wasn't satirical at all or she is staying really and truly in character. She has got a quote from Jesus' General on the bottom of the page which means it's a joke, though, right? It must be! Right??? I think she deleted my "great satire" comments because she didn't want to let the others, the fishies who take the bait, in on the joke. So swim up, little fishies, cause I want to know if this Annie person is a genius or a nutjob - or both.
But maybe Springy's faith in humanity is just rubbing off on me. Unclear.
1) katydid (already discussed)
2) tiny transparent fish in tidepool.
3) tiny crawfish/prawn creature, transparent with brown spots; wriggles under the sand making himself very hard to spot!
4) several small, live sand dollars.
5) more tiny fishes that blend in with the sand.
6) absolutely ginormous snail that oozed himself all over his shell when I poked him, then oozed on my hand for a while.
7) dismembered lobster.
8) tiny sand crabs.
The low tide yesterday was so low that we could walk nearly a mile off the shore and still only be wading. I was awestruck at this, but Springy hypothesized that it was due to the full moon. His mum confirmed this, and we continued to speculate on why that was. (Not having internet access, we couldn't look it up.)
An explanation of this phenomenon can be found here, with animation as well. (We were more or less right in our conjecture.)
The beach house has got a clock with a tide clock on it, which is about the coolest thing ever.
There's a big scrum going on over at Pooflinger's this week. It would be more amusing if we hadn't been through all this a million bazillion times already.
There's also this crazy chick called AnnieAngel, who says she is not the Annie on the threads at PF, but who has her own web site of crazitude. You can find her if you want a good chuckle. I congratulated her on her witty satire, but either it wasn't satirical at all or she is staying really and truly in character. She has got a quote from Jesus' General on the bottom of the page which means it's a joke, though, right? It must be! Right??? I think she deleted my "great satire" comments because she didn't want to let the others, the fishies who take the bait, in on the joke. So swim up, little fishies, cause I want to know if this Annie person is a genius or a nutjob - or both.
But maybe Springy's faith in humanity is just rubbing off on me. Unclear.


3 Comments:
AnnieAngel has to be a satire site. I've been browsing it for a while now, and I can't think of another possibility. Her opinions are too nuts. Especially her responses to the comments people post. They're got just the right amount of bite to make me think they're satire. She even goes after the people who agree with her. If she really believed half of what she wrote, she'd welcome and cultivate people who agree.
Hell, she might not even be a woman.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's satire... and I'm about 100% that she's not the same "Annie" that we've been barbecueing at my place. I guess that means Jeff owes AnnieAngel an apology for pointing the finger in the first place, but they seem to really dislike each other so I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.
Believe me, I'm getting pretty sick of the troll feeding. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd stick to the proper post. I've put up a request, so hopefully they'll be respectful enough to stay there. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to put up one or two open threads per week if Annie hangs around much longer.
Oh well. Mostly I'm surprised that I've been doing this for over a year and didn't attract a pet troll until this week.
I try never to underestimate human stupidity (or perversity or viciousness or sheer craziness), so that by itself doesn't disqualify her. But I DO find it odd how much her typing improved, and how fast.
Joolya -- you should be fine around Cape Ann, but *do* be careful with sea snails, will you? Please? Some of them are vicious, toxic little sh**s with darts and stings. (Yes, of course I'm thinking of the magnificent cone snails, but I believe there are other members of nudibranchs and prosobranchs which have the ability to hurt people).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home