Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mama Said, Mama Said

My mama has always said that I am a glass-10%-empty person rather than a glass-90%-full kinda person. Therefore I am going to try to be glad about the people who love me and not grieve about the ones who don't.

My mama also said that "leopards don't change their spots, and dickheads don't stop ejaculating, just because time has passed." She has a way with the vivid imagery, that woman.

And finally, without further ado, I present to you-

Ethyl and Joolya's Extended Rule of Genetics:
  1. A donor or recipient of genetic material is not obligated to act within the bounds of societal labels (e.g., "father," "daughter,") due solely to the presence of 50% similar genetic material.
  2. A donor (or recipient) of genetic material is biologically and morally obliged to act in the best interest of the recipient (or donor). However, when the donor (or recipient) of genetic material fails to act in the biological or moral best interest of the recipient (or donor), the former forfeits his/her rights to the normal parent-offspring bond.
  3. A nonsanguinous individual acting in the best interest of parent or offspring figure is summarily entitled to priveleges normally entailed upon genetically linked individuals.

5 Comments:

Blogger A.M.D. said...

oh hell yeah, hell yeah hell yeah...

and speaking of severing sanguineous bonds based solely on genetic inheritance, i decided not to contact my half-brother after all, or my father for that matter, like, ever again. we take some, we leave some, and the rest we walk away from.

let's eat afghan food soon!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second audubon's totally right on hell yeahs. and i also second the somewhat corny but totally true addage to remind oneself, forcefully and often, just how many people love and support you, are proud of you, would do anything for you, ESPECIALLY those who have no genetic "obligations" to do so. there are lots. it helps.

also i want to hurt relevant persons. but i'll email you on that one off the blog.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Joolya said...

Thanks, chicas. You are the rockin-est. Afghan food sounds great. I hear they do some good lamb... ;)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You :)

7:12 PM  
Blogger luna_the_cat said...

I third the aw yeahs.

I keep praying that I do not turn out to be like one of my genetic donors.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home