Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Assorted Thoughts

Non-yellow school buses are disconcerting.

How do you do that thing where you can say "Read More" on the blog to expand a long post?

Have I mentioned how much I love coffee? I really love it. I would go so far as to say I am addicted to it. But if loving coffee is wrong, I don't want to be right.

It's so cool when stuff works in lab. It almost makes up for how often stuff doesn't work.

Martinis make me drunk.

Being drunk is pretty fun. Although it was more fun back when I didn't get hangovers.

How can those tiny girls wear shorts today? It's not that warm. The high is only 59 F. I was wearing a T-shirt, cardigan, and jacket and I was cold this morning!

Isn't it interesting how some of the trees are almost fully bedecked with leaves while others are still bald-headed?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hebert said...

Regarding the "Read more" button, I shamelessly stole the functionality from another site. Basically you add a style to the style sheet section of the template. You then enclose the section you want to be invisible on the front page in [span class="fullpost"] tags. That makes the text invisible until you click on the button. The button itself is just a link to the full-post page, which is set up to display all text even if it's marked as invisible.

The way Blogger advises you to do it means the "read more" link is always there even if there's no more to read -- http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=898 -- I didn't like that method.

The method I adapted only shows the button-link if there's actually more to view. The page for that is http://theblogdesk.blogspot.com/2005/11/making-expandable-posts-in-blogger.html

Hope that helps, it drove me nuts trying to figure it out before finding that. Works like a champ though.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls who are so anxious to wear short shorts and tank tops crack me up too. I mentioned it in my blog today as well. It's barely above 60F here.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home