Having decided not to go to lab all weekend, and having nothing that I should be doing, I am at a loss for what to actually do today. I could do laundry and clean my flat but that doesn't sound like fun. It's freezing cold (compared to summer - if it were this temperature in March I'd be gleeful) and spitting tiny icy drops of rain, so a long bike ride is out.
There are actually several movies out that I'd like to see, including the one with George Clooney (who is my secret lover), Wallace and Grommit, and some others that I forget right now (who's geeky enough to see Mirrormask with me? hm?). Movies are a good activity on a dreary, drizzly day, especially a day after which one has finished the new Terry Pratchett book and has no new fiction in her house.
By the way, my most awesome cousin, Ethyl, was totally right about the new T.P. Terry, you are a guru among men. Seriously, though, I think Terry Pratchett is one of the cleverst people in the entire history of the world. I have yet to pick up on any glaring errors in his knowledge of physics (at least compared to my own, which admittedly is not vast) and if all of your lessons on human nature and morality were gleaned from the Discworld series, you would be living a pretty content and fulfilled life.
There are actually several movies out that I'd like to see, including the one with George Clooney (who is my secret lover), Wallace and Grommit, and some others that I forget right now (who's geeky enough to see Mirrormask with me? hm?). Movies are a good activity on a dreary, drizzly day, especially a day after which one has finished the new Terry Pratchett book and has no new fiction in her house.
By the way, my most awesome cousin, Ethyl, was totally right about the new T.P. Terry, you are a guru among men. Seriously, though, I think Terry Pratchett is one of the cleverst people in the entire history of the world. I have yet to pick up on any glaring errors in his knowledge of physics (at least compared to my own, which admittedly is not vast) and if all of your lessons on human nature and morality were gleaned from the Discworld series, you would be living a pretty content and fulfilled life.


1 Comments:
Woo! Thud fucking rocks!
Also, come visit, 'cause we're ALL geeky enough to go see Mirrormask with you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home