Monday, February 13, 2006

Dick Cheney Shot A Man; Also It Snowed

Woo-hoo! I got a shout out from BlogBites. Thanks to whomever quoted me!

We finally got our nor'easter yesterday - it wasn't quite as good as last year's, but pretty fun anyway and Springy got to play in it a bit. To confirm S.'s hypothesis that Americans are obsessed with the weather, I found out what exactly causes a nor'easter and told him in great detail, and made him watch the Weather Channel. America just has much more interesting weather extremes than the U.K. But we really do like to talk about it. Three words: Lake Effect Snow.

In other news, Dick Cheney shot some dude while out on a huntin' trip.

Blizzards are a great excuse to make and eat cookies, sit round in front of the tube, and drink beer. However, since I have not got - like some people - the metabolism of a gerbil, too much cookie and beer consumption has caused me bulk up like a hibernating squirrel . . . Needless to say, I am cranky about having to limit my chocolate croissant and alcohol consumption for a few weeks at least. Grumble.

Did I mention that Dick Cheney shot a man? With birdshot? Because the guy snuck up on him when he was aiming at a hapless game bird?

Okay, back to lab. Forreal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Americans are obsessed! It is very interesting. There are TV channels devoted to weather. A large proportion of the news is given over to the weather. You are expected to have favoured 'weathercasters'. It is x-treme, but still!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Joolya said...

Like Joe DiNardo and the DiNardo Weather. All Pittsburghers alive in the 80s and 90s know what I'm talking about.

6:51 PM  
Blogger EthylBenzene said...

Word! Also, when you get to a certain age, you sit around watching the weather channel and thinking smug thoughts about people in worse weather situations than you. (This is completely true -- ask anyone with a grandparent!)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home